Onion Rings Recipes
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Slice the onions into thick rings and separate them.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
- In a third shallow dish, place the bread crumbs.
- Dip each onion ring into the flour mixture, then the buttermilk mixture, and finally the bread crumbs, making sure to coat each ring thoroughly.
- Place the coated onion rings on a baking sheet and let them sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the coating to set.
- In a deep frying pan or pot, heat enough vegetable oil to fully submerge the onion rings to 375°F (190°C).
- Fry the onion rings in small batches for 2-3 minutes or until they are golden brown, flipping them once to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the onion rings from the oil and transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve the onion rings immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.