Korean Beef Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joes are a classic American sandwich that has been a favorite for generations. The dish is known for its messy, delicious combination of ground beef, tomato sauce, and spices. However, if you're looking for a twist on this classic dish, you should try making Korean Beef Sloppy Joes. This dish is a fusion of Korean flavors and American comfort food that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup Korean BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat until fully cooked, breaking up any large chunks with a spoon or spatula.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet and return the beef to the pan.
- Add the Korean BBQ sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger to the pan. Stir to combine and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the beef is fully coated.
- Season the beef mixture with salt and black pepper to taste.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place a generous scoop of the Korean Beef mixture on each of the hamburger buns.
- Top with sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef for a lighter option.
- Add some diced onion or bell pepper to the beef mixture for added flavor and nutrition.
- Use lettuce wraps instead of hamburger buns for a low-carb option.
- Add some sliced jalapeños or red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
In conclusion, Korean Beef Sloppy Joes are a delicious and unique twist on a classic dish. With the sweet and savory flavors of Korean BBQ sauce, the rich umami of soy sauce, and the satisfying messiness of a Sloppy Joe, this dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So, give it a try and enjoy the delicious fusion of flavors!