Baked salmon is a simple and delicious way to prepare salmon in the oven. To make baked salmon, you typically start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). Then, place a salmon fillet, skin-side down, on a lightly oiled baking dish. You can season the salmon with salt and pepper, or add other seasonings like garlic, lemon juice, or herbs.
Bake the salmon in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your salmon fillet, so it's a good idea to check on it periodically.
Baked salmon is a healthy and flavorful dish that can be served with a variety of sides, such as roasted vegetables, rice, or a salad. It's a great option for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a special occasion meal.
Here is a simple recipe for baked salmon:
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Fresh herbs, such as dill or parsley (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly oil the surface of the foil.
- Rinse the salmon fillet under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the salmon fillet, skin-side down, in the prepared baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the salmon and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh herbs, if desired, before serving.
- You can serve the baked salmon with a variety of sides, such as steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes, or a green salad. Enjoy!