Vegetable stir-fry with natural spices and lean protein.
- 1-2 tablespoons of oil (e.g. sesame, coconut, or vegetable oil)
- 2-3 cups of mixed veggies (e.g. carrots, bell peppers, onions, broccoli, etc.)
- 1-2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound of lean protein (e.g. chicken breast, tofu, shrimp, etc.)
- Optional: chopped herbs (e.g. cilantro, basil, or green onions) for garnish
- Prepare the veggies: Wash and slice your veggies into bite-sized pieces. Set them aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok over high heat: Once the pan is hot, add the oil and swirl it around to coat the bottom.
- Add the veggies: Add the sliced veggies to the pan and stir-fry until they are tender and slightly charred, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the spices: Stir in the grated ginger, minced garlic, turmeric powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the protein: If using chicken, tofu, or shrimp, add them to the pan and cook until fully cooked, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve: Serve the stir-fry over rice, noodles, or on its own, garnished with chopped herbs if desired.