- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (optional)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 4-6 tablespoons cold water
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and dried herbs (if using).
- Add the diced butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to mix the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into cracker-sized squares.
- Place the crackers onto the prepared baking sheet and prick each cracker several times with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crackers are golden brown and crisp.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet, then store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.