A cookie is a small, sweet, baked treat that is typically made from a mixture of flour, sugar, eggs, and butter. They come in many different shapes, sizes, and flavors and can be enjoyed as a snack or dessert.
Cookies have a long history, with recipes for baked sweet treats that are similar to cookies dating back to 7th century Persia. They have become a popular food item around the world, and are often associated with special occasions like holidays and birthdays.
Cookies can be purchased pre-made from a store or bakery, but many people enjoy making their own cookies at home. This allows for customization and experimentation with different flavors and ingredients.
Cookies can be soft and chewy, or crispy and crunchy, depending on the recipe and cooking time. They can be enjoyed on their own or served with a cold glass of milk.
Overall, cookies are a beloved sweet treat that have been enjoyed for centuries and will likely continue to be enjoyed for many more to come.
Cookies are a classic sweet treat that are easy to make and can be customized in countless ways. Here is a basic recipe for chocolate chip cookies:
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious, warm, and gooey chocolate chip cookies!
Note: This recipe can be adjusted to your liking. You can add different types of chocolate, nuts, or dried fruit to make your own unique cookie creation.