- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Food coloring (optional)
- Flavor extract (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Stir the mixture over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil without stirring.
- Allow the mixture to cook until it reaches 300°F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in food coloring and flavor extract, if desired.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8x8 inch