Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, red food coloring, and vanilla extract. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and serve.