Red Velvet Brownies
Red velvet brownies are a variation of traditional brownies that feature the use of red food coloring and a hint of cocoa powder to give them a deep red color and a subtle chocolate flavor. They are often paired with cream cheese frosting, which adds a tangy and creamy contrast to the rich chocolate base. These brownies are a unique and visually striking twist on classic brownies, perfect for special occasions or as a delicious dessert option.
Red velvet brownies are a decadent and visually striking variation of classic brownies. The addition of red food coloring and a hint of cocoa powder gives them a deep red color and a subtle chocolate flavor. They are often topped with cream cheese frosting, which adds a tangy and creamy contrast to the rich chocolate base. Here is a recipe for making red velvet brownies:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, red food coloring, and vanilla extract. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and serve.
For an added touch, you can make a cream cheese frosting by mixing together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract, and spread it on top of the brownies before cutting them into squares. Enjoy your delicious red velvet brownies!