Peanut Butter Brownies
Peanut Butter Brownies are a delicious dessert made by combining chocolate brownie batter with peanut butter. They can be made from scratch or by using a boxed brownie mix and adding peanut butter to the batter before baking. Some variations include adding chopped peanuts or chocolate chips for added texture and flavor. They can be served as a tasty treat at parties or as an after-dinner dessert.
Here is a simple recipe for making Peanut Butter Brownies:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x9 inch square baking pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Spread the peanut butter over the brownie batter, leaving about a 1/4-inch border around the edges.
- Carefully spoon the remaining brownie batter over the peanut butter layer, spreading it out evenly.
- Use a knife to swirl the peanut butter and brownie batter together to create a marbled effect.
- Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting them into squares and serving. Enjoy!
Note: you can add chocolate chips or chopped peanuts if you want more texture and flavor.