Brownies are a classic dessert that has been enjoyed by many for generations. They are simple to make and can be enjoyed in countless ways. The classic brownie recipe is a must-have in any home cook's recipe collection. It yields delicious, rich, and fudgy brownies that are sure to please any chocolate lover.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cocoa powder, flour, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove them from the pan and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, cut the brownies into squares and serve.